Brokers hear it all the time…the Zestimate for my home is this amount. Here are several reasons you should not rely on your home’s Zestimate to establish it’s value!
- Zestimate does not explain how they got your home’s value?
- Does Zestimate know the amenities/upgrades of your home and those of the neighbors or competing listings around you?
- Does Zestimate know the condition of your home or those of the neighbors or competing listings around you?
- Does Zestimate know if there are external factors near the neighborhood affecting your home’s value?
- Does Zestimate know the months of inventory for your market?
- Is Zestimate aware of the homes which have been sold “off market” in your area? These sales are also comps and they affect your home’s value.
- Does Zestimate understand lot value or “tear downs” in your area? In some markets the value is in the land; until a McMansion replaces the one story ranch.
There is NO WAY to accurately value a home with out studying the current market’s past sales, current inventory, off market sales, and touring the home. Contact Texas Associate Broker Debbie Murray of Allie Beth Allman & Associates today to schedule a marketing consultation for your home at 214/558-1004.
And remember, the value of your home is what the market is willing to pay; so pricing it correctly is key to selling your home for the highest price, in the shortest amount of time, and with the least inconvenience!